Project Controls Systems Specialist (San Francisco/ Los Angeles)
Roles / Responsibilities:
Turton Bond is seeking a Project Controls Systems Specialist with 5-8 years experience working in construction cost management and the use and implementation of Project Management/Controls Systems.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting multiple Costs Managers and Project Managers on various projects during the roll out of a specific cost management software chosen by our client. The position will require fast learning of the software, good communication skills in order to solve software issues with the engineering team, and a comprehensive understanding of construction financials and cost management.
In this role you will be working directly with one of the world’s largest technology organizations, acting as a systems champion, and given the opportunity to help drive our development of data-driven technology solutions which provide the best possible insights and outcomes for our clients.
- Support the implementation and rollout of new project cost management tool with global technology organization
- Acting as the main interface between systems developers and Project Management teams
- Regular meetings and collaboration with Project Management teams to ensure the proper use and understanding of tool
- Tracking of system issues and ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner
- Quality assurance / control of system data
- Driving continuous improvement of tool
- Collecting / analyzing feedback from Project Management teams
- Identifying issues that require escalation to the Engineering Team and follow up
- Preparation and presentation of training materials
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Civil/Architectural Engineering, Construction Economics or equivalent
- 5-8 years experience in Construction Cost Management
- Ability to quickly learn to use a new software
- Eager to be part of a pro-active, innovative and collaborative work environment
- In-depth understanding of construction finance & reporting
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
Technical experience (preferred):
- Proficient with Google Suite (Workspace) and Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- Experience in using/implementing Construction Management Software
- Experience with Owner’s ERP systems & reporting tools
- Systems design & implementation experience
- Experience managing project budgets, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, invoicing, and forecasts
- Experience with data analytics tools & systems
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUME TO [email protected]